So I'm Kayla, hi!
Terrariums are pretty awesome. Just looking at them makes me smile because they are so tiny and tiny things are adorable! I am a December baby, but I couldn't find a gift I truly wanted. So when I stumbled upon these succulents and terrariums my parents graciously indulged me. Yes, I do have the sweetest parents in the world who encourage my craftativity.
After pinning a million different terrariums on Pintrest and researching different types of succulents I decided I wanted some Echeveria species. I found an amazing Etsy owner Patti from
SucculentDESIGNS who has AMAZING reviews, 757 and none of them negative! My mom ordered me some of her plants and messaged her with some questions and Patti quickly responded. She is such a sweetheart and gave me some really good advice that I will share later on.
First of all, succulent terrariums should not be enclosed. They need little water and depending on the plant full to partial sun. The types of succulents I got were Echeveria Pulidonis, Frost Blue Echeveria Minima, and Echeveria Setosa. These Echeverias prefer full sun and are small for their species. The supplies listed for most terrariums include a glass container, rocks for drainage, Cactus/Succulent soil, plants, different kinds of moss, some water and charcoal. When I asked Patti about the charcoal and whether or not it was needed here is what she said:
"Regular terrariums stay wet all the time in their enclosed environment--if succulents do not dry out, they will rot and die. The reason for charcoal is to purify the recirculating water; however, that will not be happening in your container, so charcoal is not necessary."
So that clarified the charcoal issue! These are the supplies that I bought:
 |
| Mosser Lee River Rock Soil Cover |
 |
| Better Home and Garden Mason Jars 1Qt. |
 |
| Better Home and Garden 1/2 Pt. |
 |
| One of mom's glass Frappe drinks |
 |
| Mosser Lee Sheet Moss |
I am thinking of using the two small containers for just moss terrariums. My Hone Depot was out of soil and is restocking tonight. I will be posting more about materials for terrariums tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment